Saturday, April 12, 2014

Another Altered Tag

So I found this new blog that I LOVE called A Vintage Journey It is a challenge blog that celebrates all things Tim Holtz! I can tell that I will be posting a lot of challenge entries here in the future. So the challenge right now can be found here A Little Bit French . As I am still breaking thru my creativity block, I decided to just go with what I know, and do up a quick Tim inspired tag. I used a bunch of distress ink and some of Tim's stamps to create the background. Then I die cut the key hole and the flowers using grunge board and the Tattered Florals and Hardware Findings dies. I also distressed a key using a bit of Patina Gilders Paste. Added a few more embellishments and some crackle paint and Glossy Accents and done :). I'll hopefully have time to do another project for this challenge, I'm thinking of trying my hand at a mini canvas, I have a couple of blank 3x5s I've been staring at...



Anyhow, enjoy the pics of the tag...

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tag and so much Tim goodness. The flower is so pretty and I love the added texture. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment Terry. It's always fantastic to find a like minded artistic community and to hear feedback on projects. Can't wait to join in more challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Julia, I just love how you have put it together. All the different elements make for the perfect vintage shabby creation!! A really lovely tag! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Eiffel Tower background and your vintage tag. Thanks for sending it on A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful community of crafters this is! Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Astrid and Brenda.

    ReplyDelete