Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Card as cure for Insomnia?

Hello friends. So I couldn't sleep last night (those of you that know me know this is not unusual...it seems since having babies I am ALWAYS exhausted, yet have an extremely difficult time getting to sleep WHEN I SHOULD. Now, I can fall asleep at the drop of a dime, at 2 in the afternoon, or 8 in the morning...but it's like my mind and body are on a completely different clock). Anyway, enough about my sleeping schedule (although it's obviously interesting, or I wouldn't write about it, lol), and more about crafts! As I was getting ready for bed I decided that maybe it would help to make a little something, and seeing how Easter is in a couple days and I am not prepared (surprise surprise!) I settled on messing around a bit with an Easter Card. So I got out some Kraft card stock, some stamps, distress ink and stencils and came up with a cute little Tim Holtz-ian grungy yet spring-ish background. I liked how it turned out, but it definitely needed something more, so I dug out some Clearly for Art (I am in love with this stuff) and some Tim's Sizzix dies and viola! on went some cute little butterflies to balance out the ticket sentiment! Hope you guys like it. I am going to throw this one in over at both of the the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blogs
Monday: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Wednesday: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
and at Craft Hoarders Anonymous here: http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/04/guest-designers-challenge-5.html?m=1
and lastly at Vintage Stamping Challenges here: http://www.flonzcraft.com/vsc/

ENJOY
PS I just realized how terrible these pictures are if you don't click on them. If you want to see the stamping/embossing detail, or a clearer picture of what the butterflies look like, pls just click on the pic to enlarge it enough to see the detail.






11 comments:

  1. I'm always craftier when I should be sleeping. Looks like you are too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so beautiful. I love the pretty embossed background and sentiment. Those butterflies are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments ladies. So kind of you both to drop by and say Hello, it is truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty!!! Love the heat embossed texture. . adds so much to the richness of this card. Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love the embossing! I was laughing a bit at your saying you cannot sleep when you should but nod off when you shouldn't. Story of my life. Since my first baby was born in 1991 until this day....sigh... :) Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, my best work is late at night. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty...when I can't sleep I craft also, glad to see we have a club for us for that also...lol...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh ladies, what an amazing round of comments! Thank you so much for making me feel so welcome and for giving me such lovely feedback. Truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rather belatedly can I say what a lovely creation and thank you for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work. Love the embossing detail! Thanks for playing along with the Animal Antics Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete