Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quick Little Bookmark

Hello my crafty friends. As some of you know I am soon to become a first time Auntie! I cannot tell you all how excited I am that my little sister (and only sibling) is about to be a first time mommy! Well with this being the case, I am spending a crazy amount of time crafting everything I can think of for my new niece...and my sister. I have been knitting and making memory boxes and journals and blocks and oh my! I have already done that more crafts for this soon to be new arrival than I did for all three of my little monsters, combined (and that is saying something). Needless to say I sometimes need a break from some of these bigger projects, so I'll craft up a card, or tag, or ATC or....bookmark! So here is a little rainbow bookmark that I put together while taking a much needed break from working on a pretty intense Memory Treasure Trunk project (more on that in a couple of weeks when it is finished). The bookmark is made of a size 8 tag using distress inks for the background. I then stamped over the whole thing with a big old script stamp in jet black Archival Ink, dusted that up with some antique gold Perfect Pearls and the background was finished. For interest I cut a little strip of dry wall tape to add behind then sentiment. (BTW, this is one of the greatest buys of my life; I found a roll of this stuff at a garage sale for $0.50. I had no idea what it was, but I instantly thought of an assemblage piece I was working on so I picked it up. It has proven to be a serious go-to element for many of my projects. It is so versatile and a little bit goes a long way. I'm going on 6 years with that same garage sale roll). I stamped READ on a piece of plain black card stock and embossed it in gold. Added a fat piece of ribbon to the top and TA-DA a perfect little bookmark.
I am going to enter this project in the

Paper Wings April Challenge

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  
Thanks for stopping thru, enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag! I love the colors and the script!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Paper Wings Productions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! I love the way you blended the background colors so seamlessly and how you used a tag to serve as the perfect bookmark template! I also really enjoyed your post and appreciated the concept of taking time out to make a smaller simpler craft. You did it beautifully! That new little niece of yours is going to have the craftiest most creative Auntie ever! Really lovely piece and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thank you ladies so much for your kind and encouraging comments. It truly means a ton to hear such positive feedback and to be so welcomed into new crafty communities. Appreciate it beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
    What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia! I love your bookmark. It's bright and colorful and fun! I also wanted to thank you for your very sweet comment you left on my blog! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bright color here! Love the bookmark! It would make you want to read!

    ReplyDelete