Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Altered Tin and Mini Album

Hi guys. So as you know I'm trying to follow the CC3C fortnight challenge blog that Linda Ledbetter has put together. If you are are Tim Holtz fan or are looking to view some crazy talent/inspiration then I seriously suggest you check it out. You can do so here.
This time the challenge is all about Tim's Distress Glitter technique, and can of course be found in his Compendium of Curiosities vol. III. This challenge is also being sponsored by the Funkie Junkie Boutique. If you haven't been by their shop, stop by, it's a great place to pick up some supplies.
So for my entry: For this go 'round I decided to make this little altered Sucrets tin that I have had FOREVER, and add a micro album to the inside. This is perfect for my mom, who tends to travel a ton for work. I am going to fill it with pictures and messages from her grandkids and that way she can just throw it in her travel bag and pull it out when she needs a smile. I am also entering this over at
 A Vintage Journey: Fond Memories
Inspiration Emporium: Celebrate (It was made to celebrate Mothers day, and ultimately is a celebration of my kiddos.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: M is for...(Mothers Day, Mini Album, etc)
Simon Says Stamp Wed. Challenge Blog:Spring Flowers (The beautiful Graphic 45 papers are very floral in a 'Bohemian/60s' way)
Paper Wings Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs Anything Goes
And of course:
Compendium of Curiosities Vol III: Distress Glitter.
So now for some pictures....

This is the top of the tin. I used my distress glitter technique on a chipboard frame.
 
This is what it looks like when you open the tin. In the top I have glued a little booklet that will have some messages/quotes from my kiddos.




Here is what the mini looks like when you pull it out. It is double sided and has flip up flaps and pockets to keep pictures and journaling



this is the bottom....
 
 
Well there you have it friends. Hope you like it...

10 comments:

  1. What a cute little tin! I love the glittered frame on the cover. Sweet! Thanks for playing CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl. This is not my normal color palette, or style, but I think that it turned out pretty cute. I can't wait to experiment a bit more with the distress glitter. Fun times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! isn't this FUN! what a great fold out book inside - so many flips and flaps - this will be a wonderful 'fond memory' box when filled with photos and messages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a clever and fun idea. I am sure your Mom will just love this altered tin and all the lovely photos and messages that will be held inside! Thank you for sharing your lovely project with us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia. A really nice idea for your mum to carry on her travels thank you for entering our Fond Memories challenge at AVJ

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea for your mum, your mini album is lovely as are the papers you have used. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys again for stopping thru and for all the lovely comments. I truly appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WILD AND FUN!!! Love these funky 70's type papers, and WOW what a reel of great pages in this cool tin! LOVE the idea, and your glitzy glittery front! Thank you so much for playing along on our glittery challenge at CC3Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS album! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This project is super cool! I love how the mini album unfolds! Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete