Saturday, May 3, 2014

Birthday Card for my Love

Hey everyone... Today is the birthday of wonderful husband of almost 13 years and I decided to kill two birds with one stone and make him a card based off the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge 6 sketch. For this challenge we also had the twist of using something old and something new... My something new are the papers. All the papers are from the new Graphic 45 line Good Ol Sport collection that just came out. Love the patterns in this collection, amazing colors. My something old are the metal embellishments, both the faux nuts and the little pyramids in the top right. I have had these in my stash for YEARS... I'm also throwing this in over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog: Anything Goes the . Hop on over to either of these blogs for some crafty fun and great inspiration.
Enjoy the card and Happy Birthday to the only man crazy enough to join me in all the adventures this journey has to offer! Thanks baby, love you.








6 comments:

  1. Like the bits of added metal. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, and I too love the metal! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I like the little metal embellies as well. I think they add a bit of balance and masculinity to the card. By using the three in the top right, it kind of ties in the three faux nuts by the sentiment. Thanks again for dropping by and leaving such kind words, as always it is very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely masculine birthday card! I love the colors and the metal! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card and love the metal too!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card. I am in love with the "view master" die cut and am on a mission to buy a die so I can hoard, I mean, use those in my crafting. hee hee Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete