Monday, May 26, 2014

CC3C #3: Faux Tea Roses

Welcome back my crafty cohorts. So I have been seriously neglecting my craft corner lately, but I had to whip something up for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 challenge blog set up by Linda Ledbetter, which you can find here. If you haven't hopped over there to check out the amazing art that is being done you are missing out, absolutely incredible stuff! Linda and the Curiosity Crew are genius artists and I am seriously serious about checking out their blogs, they're a treasure trove of inspiration. Anyhoo, back to challenge #3; this time we are using Tim's faux tea rose technique. This is a super awesome technique that uses his Sizzix Tattered Pinecone die. It is just another example of the versatility that all of Tim's products have and the thought he puts into his designing. This technique can be found on page 65 of CC3. This challenge is being sponsored by Imagination Emporium who is generously contributing a $50.00 gift certificate to one lucky winner. This is another amazing site that you all should check out. Also, some lucky crafter will be receiving a goodie bag of swag donated by none other than the dynamic duo themselves, yes I'm talking about Tim Holtz and Mr Mario Rossi. So, onto my piece; I decided to make a jumbo tag. I used distress ink in Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Evergreen Bough, Seedless Preserves, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain to create a blended background. I also used a bit of stenciling with the honeycomb stencil and then did some stamping with picket fence distress paint. Once the background was finishes I sprayed some perfect pearls in perfect pearl over the top and set it aside. I made my roses out of Kraft core Coordinations paper, I then used the scraps to make some butterflies with Tim's Butterfly Frenzy Sizzix die (I love these little things...they can be a bit of a pain because they are so tiny, but holy smokes are they ever cute). I decided my background needed something so I cut up some grungeboard using the new honeycomb die and painted it with the picket fence distress paint. I then inked up some of the pieces with matching distress ink. I used rock candy distress stickles and rock candy distress glitter to bling them up a bit before gluing them in place. I glued down my roses and the butterflies and had a big empty spot, so I made a vase and filled it with some metal fibers, I added some chit chat stickers to one of the fibers and called it good. I love working with Tim Holtz products, as I mentioned above they are so versatile and super easy to mix and match. I really liked making this tag, it was completely unplanned and although there are a couple of things that definitely didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to, overall I'll call this one a win. Also, I ended up using a bunch of older "Tim-niques" and that's always a good time. So here ya go, enjoy the pics, and remember, if you'd like to play along hop over to Linda's CC3C Blog 












 
OTHER CHALLENGES ENTERED:
 
Thanks again for stopping by, hope to 'see' you again soon, till then, stay crafty...

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! I've been on the fence about getting that die cut, but man oh man, love how you used it. The stenciling is wonderful and works perfectly with all the embellishments. Again, gorgeous tag. Thanks so much for playing along with us in our May ePlay Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage and whimsey on one tag! I love the little flags and the wire accent. The tea roses make a perfect touch to this pretty tag. Thanks for joining us for CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors and sparkles on this pretty tag! thanks for joining in with the ePlay challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things to love here....the wired bottle, the roses, the honeycomb die! Very cool artsy tag! Thank you so much for joining in on our rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia...your faux tea rose tag is so pretty! Love the colors and your use of the honeycomb die cut. Thank you so much for the very sweet comment you left on my blog and thanks for sharing your tag with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy for your wonderful comments. I find so much inspiration from the projects that you create, thanks again for stopping by and checking out what comes from it 😊.

      Delete
  7. I love the whimsy of this tag! The color palette is gorgeous, and the wired glass vial adds great energy to the piece. Your "faux rose" is lovely, too! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #8: Metal or Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice tag, love the vintage colors. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the generous compliments. As always, it means a ton to have such a talented group of people swing by and check out my little piece of the crafting universe. Thanks again 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a colorful and cheery tag. I love that your faux roses are not in traditional colors, as in the blue and green ones. The added little butterflies is a sweet touch. Thanks for playing along in the CC3Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mixed media tag, love all the details...glad you are sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my. . .such detail and so intricate!! Lovely project! Thanks so much for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders' Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesomeness! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tag! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, your tag is AWESOME!!! Can I copy it?! LOL! LOVE hexagons! Love your stencil work! It's amazing!!!!!
    Thank you SO much for participating in our ePlay stencil challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, thank you so much for the wonderful compliments!!! That my tag in any way inspires someone is crazy amazing to me!!! I hope you take it and run, make something incredible!!!

      Delete
  16. Your stenciling is FAB and those tea roses are GORGEOUS! THX for playing with us at the ePlay stencil challenge!
    Sue Lelli
    http://suelelli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous tag, love the colours and your tea roses are awesome ! Thanks for joining us at eclectic Paperie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a colourful and cheery tag - thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us at Country View Challenges for our Natures Glories challenge. Jennie

    ReplyDelete