Friday, May 2, 2014

Check it Out...

Hello friends. So this blog post is about a new challenge that I am SUPER DUPER excited about (yes, so excited that I actually just wrote 'super-duper'). The amazingly talented Linda Ledbetter is putting on the Compendium of Curiosities Vol. III Challenge. Linda has put together an awesome Curiosity Crew to help provide some incredible inspiration (if nothing else stop by just to check out what these talented ladies come up with). She has also garnered the sponsorship of Inspiration Emporium AND The Funkie Junkie Boutique to provide prizes for each challenge. And if that wasn't enough Mr Tim Holtz and the Amazing Mario have also contributed tons of giveaways. This is going to be an incredible 34 challenge journey and I definitely encourage everyone to check it out here CC3C Challenge 1. Okay now for a little about the project I made...

This first challenge is based on Tim's Distress Paint Marbling technique. So for my first project I decided to warm up with a tag. I used some faded jeans, weathered wood, and vintage photo distress paint to create the marbled background. I then stamped script in embossing distress and heat embossed it in clear. I used my distress ink pads in faded jeans and vintage photo as well as some Archival Ink
to distress ink the edges. This is when I decided to use some sticky back canvas and the Tim Holtz Alterations for Sizzix Sewing Room die. I inked up and embellished the die cuts and added some wings from Tim's Heart Wings die. I heat embossed the wings and then I added some extra paint, ink and shimmer spray and called it good. Hope you like the tag. I am also going to drop it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.
I can't wait to see where the Curiosity Crew takes us next, this is definitely going to be an epic adventure in crafting!





5 comments:

  1. Love how you embossed on the background! A beauty of a tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the first challenge at CC3 Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Anita. Love the versatility of the paint marbling technique. Hopefully my three little monsters will let me play around a bit more before the next challenge. Thx again for stopping by- J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tag! I love the heat embossed background too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and especially the wings behind the mannequin... love it ... Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project and wonderful marbling! Thanks for playing along with us this week in the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete