Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mini Album Fun

Happy May my crafty friends. Today I am going to show you a little mini album tha I put together. This is based on a design by Kathy Orta and measures approximately eight by ten when opened. I used Kraft card stock and Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Collection. I freaking love this collection of papers! Anyway, enjoy the pictures. I am entering this into the following challenges, if any seem your fancy, click on the links to hop on over and join in the crafty fun...
A Vintage Journey: Fond Memories
This little mini album works perfectly for a Vintage Journey: Fond Memories. It is intended as an add on for the Treasure Trunk I am making my sister, you can read more about that in my last blog post. What fonder memories can one have than having their first child? This will look amazing in a few months, once it is filled with pictures of my new niece.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Pick 5
The mini also works for the tricky, yet fun, pick 5 things to make your project challenge, by the SSS Monday Challenge Blog. I used 1) Kraft card stock 2) Scor Tape 3) Vintage Photo Distress Ink 4) Tim Holtz Metal Embellishments 5) Tim Holtz Wallflower Paper Stash and that's all folks.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
Well, anything goes!
Paper Wings: Anything Goes
And again with the anything goes, lol!
Like I said, click on the above links to join in the fun, or just stop thru for some awesome inspiration...Now for some pics...

Here is the front cover...


And one of the back, I left this simple, but I love how the Tim Holtz Die Cut Hinges look!
 
 
Here is the inside with all the goodies in it...

 
And with everything taken out...


 
Here is a pic of all the different little photo and journaling mats and pull outs... I doubled up on the room by making cards rather than tags (I expect LOTS of baby pictures).


 
And one final picture with everything back in its place.
 
 
Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the little mini I put together. Stay Crafty my friends.

13 comments:

  1. so much to look at. this is gorgeous. lots of fun opening it out and discovering all the sections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a lovely mini album and the Wallflower papers are gorgeous! Love all the pockets and design! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here via SSS and admire this album. I also have this paper and really like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mini album, the papers look absolutely stunning and this is a perfect way to,showcase them. Love all the pockets in your design too. Beautiful piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is fabulous! I am a sucker for mini albums as it is and you've created quite a stunning piece. I was so amazed at how much it held with every picture that you shared! It just kept getting more and more incredible! I adore all the bits and pieces you were able to arrange so artistically. The cards themselves are a work of art just by themselves, but this album as a whole is remarkable! I felt truly inspired and I'm so glad that you shared your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! I think I'm going to go back and drool over your pictures some more now... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Andrea, thank you. Your comment is so kind, and really, really appreciated. I am fairly new at sharing my crafting with the public, and it can still be a little uncomfortable at times, but then someone stops thru and says something incredibly amazing, and it gets a bit easier. Thank you

      Delete
  6. Fabulous mini album love all the elements. Like the paper too goes very well with the theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful mini-album - I just love all the interactivity with the pockets and mats and tags and tickets. Fabulous use of the papers! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing mini! I love the buckles and pockets! Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow I missed commenting on this when you first posted it to AVJ, it truly is a stunning mini and such fabulous use of those beautiful papers!! Big congrats on being one of our pinworthies!! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like Astrid I missed it when you first posted it too! I am not sure how because it is beautiful. Congratulations on your pinworthy mention. Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning album, well done on being a pinworthy. Gorgeous detailing throughout. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete