Thursday, June 19, 2014

CC3C: Texture Paste


Hi all. So things have been beyond busy for us on the home front, however, I finally fit in some time to make a piece for Linda Ledbetter's Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge Blog. I truly can't say enough about Linda and her curiosity crew, amazing ladies and incredible artists. I know I have said it before, but it's worth the repetition; even if you don't want to play along I suggest you head over to check out the challenge here as it is full of awesomeness all around. This challenge (like all the even numbered challenges) is sponsored by the Funkie Junkie Boutique. This is a crazy awesome site and if you haven't hopped over, I recommend you go get your shop on ASAP. One lucky player will also be chosen to receive a bag of swag from Tim and Mario themselves, rad! Challenge 4 is all about using Tim's layering stencils with texture paste. This Tim-nique can be found on page 49 of Tim's book Compendium of Curiosities 3, again, if this is something you don't yet own GO GET IT!!! It is full of inspiration, as are the first two. So for this project I decided to pull out one of the 4x6 burlap panels and just get my texture on. I ended up using a few different mediums with a couple different layering stencils, and I love the various textures that this provided. I am especially fond of how the pumice texture medium looks on the burlap. The grittiness of that layer paired with the opaque bubbles made me think of the sea, so I went with it and added some blues to the greens I had already put down. You can't really tell, but the base background is a page from Tim's Wallflowers paper collection that I transferred using Matte Multi Medium. I added a few more layers of texture and color then threw on the awesome little seahorse die from the Sizzix Alterations Sand and Sea set. The seahorse is cut from grunge board and colored with Patina Gilding Paste then inked with some distress. I gave my seahorse some layered wings made of wood and layered on a graphic 45 staples butterfly to fit with my sentiment...do something different...
Anyway, here are a few photos, hope you enjoy some of what ya see...









Thanks for stopping by and remember to keep it crafty!

CHALLENGES:
Paper Wings Productions: Chipboard and or Wood
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Paint it Ink it Spray it Mixed Media
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes
CC3C: Layering Stencils & Texture Paste
A Vintage Journey: Wings and Things

16 comments:

  1. Really loving the texture you achieved! It is fabulous! It looks fabulous on the burlap panel! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Texture and color - Love it! Wonderful art work and thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the texture you created. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! A seahorse with wings, that's awesome! Thanks for entering this very cool canvas for CC3C!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin all the texture and seahorse! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the texture you have achieved on this piece. Also that Seahorse is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your burlap canvas piece! The texture you've achieved with the raised harlequin pattern looks really cool! I love the color washed effected you've given this. Your winged sea horse is a great idea, too! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful piece!! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Wings Productions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! All the textures and shaped you used to create the background are wonderful, and I love the giant seahorse as the focal point. Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous piece! I am such a nut for anything beachy and this is absolutely stunning! It really made me feel like I was strolling along the shore. I adore the color palette you chose and the way you created so many layers and textures was brilliant! I think the sentiment is just perfect and one of my favorite parts is how you made the sea horse unique by the addition of wings. So clever and I love the whimsicality it adds to the piece. This was so enjoyable to see and to read about and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A huge thank you to all that have stopped by and left me such kind words. I keep saying it, but it means a ton to have such lovely things said about my creations. Truly appreciate all the love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous textures and color palette...Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely burlap canvas with such a great beach theme! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful texture in this piece! I love the seahorse and the beautiful colors! Thanks for getting messy with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge 10!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun technique to add texture! This is sweet! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the textures and the seahorse. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete