Friday, June 27, 2014

Fun with Watercolor

Hi all. It's time for another challenge over at the amazing Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge Blog put on by Miss Linda Ledbetter. Challenge 5 is all about exploring Tim's Distress Watercoloring Technique Part 1. The walk through for this can be found on page 39 of his book by the same name (a must have for your crafting library). As all of the odd numbered challenges this one is sponsored by Inspiration Emporium a very cool site full of must have products, they also have a great blog full of incredible inspiration and fun challenges. So hop on over there and pick up some supplies so you can head on over to the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge Blog and join in some fun. Oh, you should also be aware that one special player will be chosen to receive a very special swag bag of goodies courtesy of the dynamic duo Tim and Mario themselves, awesomsauce!!! For this watercolor challenge I decided to pull out some goodness from my stash that I have had for quite some time, but haven't yet had a chance to play with; Paintables from Prima. These seemed like the perfect compliment to this Tim-nique and I had a ton of fun play painting. So, I can't tell you all exactly how this was accomplished, but I can say that after I painted up my paintables I went ahead and matted them up with some handmade backgrounds and some cardstock and stuck them on some premade cards I had handy and ta da!











Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Need to use This More (need to use my distress markers and Prima Paintables more)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Julia...your flowers are exquisite!! I truly mean that. Your coloring and shading is fantastic! I love all of them! Brilliant use of Tim's technique. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Candy, what a kind comment. I have been exploring watercolor pencils and other medium of the like (art bars, inktense, and regular watercolor paints) a lot lately and so this challenge was perfect for me. So much fun. Thank you again for not only the comment but for dropping by, I really do appreciate it. 😊

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful - a wonderful colour scheme and great stamping - your flowers are stunning!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant yet vintage chic! Love your watercolored flowers and the colors you used! Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us on this painty challenge here at CC3Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning flowers and the colouring is wonderful. These really are beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are amazing! such a very elegant use of Tim's technique! Truly beautiful cards.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Gorgeous colouring! They all look fabulous. Been thinking I might have to get the Compendium and you just pushed me further to taking the leap.;) Congrats on the SSS Monday Challenge blog feature!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolor effect on these, I have some and they sure are fun to play with. Congrats at SSS!

    ReplyDelete