Sunday, June 1, 2014

Texture Tag

Hi friends. So last night I decided to whip up a quick tag for the new Vintage Journey challenge Get Some Texture. I decided to pull out a bunch of staple Tim-niques to rock this out. I first used the Sizzix Alterations tag die to cut the tag and then I used some distress inks to cover the whole thing. I used a couple different stencils (some of the stenciling didn't end up coming thru in the pictures). Then I decided to use some blending solution and distress paint, this made a pretty cool effect that I am definitely going to try again on a blank tag so that it shows up better. I then decided to run it thru my BigShot with the wood grain texture fade, I don't know that I would do that again if I was recreating this tag, but I decided not to start over and to embrace imperfection... I used vintage photo to highlight the raised areas and sprayed it with Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Crushed Olive. After that I decided to quit while I was ahead and begin to embellish. I fussy cut the little girl from Tim's found relatives, added some wings and a crown and put her on a bit of frayed burlap. Added a sentiment with Tim's chit chat stickers (I'm completely in love with these) and a word plate with some fiber behind it and ta-da, done. Like I said I'm putting this in over at A Vintage Journey, if you want to play along check it out here. I highly recommend that you do, besides having really fun Tim inspired challenges there is a design team FULL of INCREDIBLE artists and besides being crazy great artists, they are all super duper nice!!! Anyway, let's see some pictures, shall we?






Thanks for stopping by and remember, until next time Keep it Crafty.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful texture on this Julia! with the metals, embossing and burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous textures on the gorgeous tag!! Love the bit of burlap and the wings on that lovely girl really suit her! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really intrigued by the idea of using blending solution with Distress Paint! I love the embossed background on this. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete