Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fun with Alcohol...inks

Welcome back friends. So we are already on challenge #8 over at Linda Ledbetter's Compendium of Curiosities III Challenge Blog (CC3) and this time it's all about Tim Holtz's Faded Layers Technique. This is a fun and versatile technique that uses Ranger's Alcohol Inks. I used to use these a ton in my crafting projects, but I haven't brought them out in a very, very long time. I have a feeling they will again become a staple...so fun!
As with all the even numbered challenges, this one is sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique, one lucky player will get a $25 gift certificate, super generous. But that's not all, the amazing ladies that make up the Curiosity Crew will also be choosing someone to receive a swag bag from Tim Holtz and Mr. Mario Rossi themselves (WOW)! So grab your copy of CC3, open it to page 58 and get your craft on...




For this project I had absolutely no plan, I just let myself play. I ended up making about 6 or 7 different backgrounds, then tried out Tim's faded layers on all of them. I had a couple good ones and a couple not so good ones, but in the end I decided to use this blue/green one and see what I could make out of it 😊. At this point I still had no clue as to what I wanted to make, a card, tag, mini album???? So I do what I always do and just started yanking things out of their homes and making a big ole mess in Craft Corner...Finally, I came up with another ATB... I knew these things were going to become a new crafting addiction... Like last time I have kept this fairly simple, I had a difficult time coving that background! So I decided to make a words of inspiration block. Every side has an inspiring phrase... Hopefully you all find something you like, enjoy.




















Thanks again for stopping by, until the next post remember to keep it crafty.

CHALLENGES ENTERED:
Paper Wing Productions: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog: Scratched Up!
Distressed the edges of my ATB and added some distress ink to get a bit 'grungy'
Craft Hoarders Anonymous: Upcycle It
I made the ATB out of an 'upcycled' cereal box.
Country View Crafts Challenge Blog: Word Play
I love to use words in my projects.
And of course...
CC3 Challenge #8: Faded Layers



21 comments:

  1. this is amazing! Alcohol inks are one thing i have yet to invest in, but you may have pushed me over the edge! This is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Paper Wings Productions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who this is just beautiful! Love the colors of the inks!! Thank you for joining us this month over at Paper Wings Productions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ATB is too cool! LOVE the colors and background on each side, and your embellies are fabulous! What a cool display piece. Glad you just played around!~ Thank you so much for joining on on this Faded Layers challenge at CC3Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this ATB! It turnd out so beautiful! I especially love the color palette as I am a big fan of jewel tones. The ideology pieces you chose to adorn the ATB are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia...your ATB is very cool! I love every side of this! The faded layers colors that you've gone with are so nice...and matting them on black really makes them stand out. Each side of your box has something so interesting and thought provoking! I love that! Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your art with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous colors on your panels Julia! They actually look lit up from inside! Love the pieces of metal you put on each side and the clever latch for the cover - a wonderful ATB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your ATB, it is the perfect creation to show off all those great faded layers you created...Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge, hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you certainly gave that cereal box a face lift! I love the colors you chose, and they make me think of stained glass. The inspirational quotes are so cleverly chosen. It's just a great upcycling project! Thanks for playing along in the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Up-cycling challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ATBs and your ATB is totally stunning! I love colors, design, technique! Absolutely beautiful piece! Thanks for sharing with us on Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic project!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing project..TH would be proud! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Block! Love those colored backgrounds. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing box! The colors you chose remind me of stained glass! You definitely took this little box to the next level! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors.Your box turned out lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous mix of colors and the alcohol inks are cool! Love your beautiful box! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another amazing box! Your work is outstanding! (PS - I will mail your prize from last challenge the end of this week. Sorry it is taking so long!) Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloria,
      No worries about the prize, I'm just too excited that my work was chosen! Thank you so much for the kind comments, I really and truly appreciate it!
      Julia

      Delete
  17. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Julia, this is stunning!
    Thanks for playing along with us over Paper Wings Productions!
    xo Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful ATB this is! Fabulous use of the Faded Layers technique indeed. Thanks for playing along in the CC3 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Awesome box! I love the finish from the alcohol ink and your mix of embellishments is fantastic. Thanks for joining the Paper Wings Productions challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning layers of colour - what a glorious ATB! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete